HOW TO QUALIFY CSIR NET PHYSICS – COMPREHENSIVE STRATEGY
Book-list and strategy: Step by step guide to what to read and what not to read
Here I’ll describe you what to read, how to read and what you don’t need to read. Many of the students just don’t qualify any competitive exam just because they don’t know these points properly.
First, CSIR NET Physics is one of the best-organized exams in the world and it is one of the toughest to qualify also. Many of you just run after coaching center materials, shortcut ways, suggestions etc. I dare comment, the exam is to test your physics skill, not your manage power or juggad , so your one and only goal should be building your concepts in physics. I’ll, discuss step by step below.
Here is the first and most important point. Read Textbooks. What textbooks you should read? I’m listing the textbooks topic-wise.
- “Mathematical Methods for Physicists” by Arfken
- ”Mathematical Methods for Physics and Engineering” by Riley, Hobson and Bence
- “ Nuclear Physics: An Introduction” by SB patel
- Particle Physics – First two chapters of Griffith’s Introduction to elementary particles / Last two chapters of “QUANTUM PHYSICS of Atoms, Molecules, Solids, Nuclei, and Particles“ by Eisberg and Resnick
- Read Chapters of Relativity from Klepner’s mechanics and Griffiths electrodynamics,
- You can read also “Introduction to Special Relativity” by Robert Resnick
Some problems books
Just not only CSIR NET Physics, solve all competitive exam’s problems of B.Sc and M.Sc level physics. NET, JEST, JAM, GATE, and Subject GRE questions you must solve. You may download previous question papers of all exams from here.
Just downloading the questions is not enough. You need to solve and grasp the hidden concepts inside every problem. You must understand that one question generates at least ten similar questions which can be easily solved if you understand the mother question well.
Many students I have seen who can solve questions with conceptual understanding in the class, but fail in the exam because of tension. To avoid that that type of situation you must practice questions in exam environment before the exam. There are many coaching centers and teachers organize practice test series for CSIR NET Physics before the exam. Select your own.