CSIR NET exam is the most important exam for every Physics M.Sc students in India. The exam has dual benefit. If you qualify for Junior Research fellowship then you are eligible for PhD in any recognised institute in India with central government funded scholarship. Secondly, you are eligible to apply for the post of an assistant professor in any college and university. So it is a dream for all Physics students to qualify NET exam.
Some general informations are—–
1) To be eligible for a junior research fellowship your age must be below 28. But to qualify LS, eligible for lectureship, there is no age limit.
2) CSIR NET is organized by CSIR and held twice a year.
3) Till now NET is not compulsory to be an assistant professor. If you have completed your PhD then you can apply for an assistant professor job.
4) The Qs paper is of objective type. The exam is a three hours exam.
5) Amount of junior research fellowship is 25,000 per month plus HRA.
6) The exam is one of the toughest Physics subjects in the world
7) You can appear in the examination in your first year of M.Sc course. The fellowship is valid till two years of issue of certificate.